History

1955
Alois Berger establishes the company in Kaufbeuren-Neugablonz on a production area of 105m² and with two skilled workers.

1959
Start of apprentice training in groups

1969
The first 6-spindle automatic turning machine is put into operation.

1976
The worldwide first Hydromat indexing machine from Pfiffner company is put into operation. Berger adds grinding to its range of services.

1979
Establishment of first production location abroad.

1985
Heat treatment is added to the range of services.

1994
Launch of machine component and assemblies production

2000
Berger Holding is established in Memmingen and becomes the company headquarters.

2004
First plant in an LCC location

2005
50-years celebration

2008
New buildings extend the production area to 68.000 m² / 732'000 ft²

2011
New building expanding the Poland location by 5.400 m²

2012
Establishment of location in China with its own production

2013
Implementation of SAP at the first logisitcs location

2014
New building on a greenfield development site to expand the Ummendorf location (5.500 m²)

Change of generations - Alois Berger passes management of Berger Holding on to his children
Karin Berger-Haggenmiller (commercial) and Oswald Berger (engineering)